Monday, July 16, 2007

5-months down!





Hey everyone.....This past Saturday my little Sam passed his 5-month mark, which means
I have now been a mom for 5 whole months. Whew! At times it has seemed to have flown by, especially when I look back on photos like these. But then at other times I feel like time has stopped and it seems like he will be an infant forever. Someone gave us this idea of taking a photo of him on a regular basis next to the same teddy bear to watch his progression........As you can see, Sam is quite little, which I guess I should have expected, since my husband Adam and I a both pretty short, but I have to confess that it's still difficult for me to accept that he lives in the 10% range........is that silly? I don't know..........motherhood has been filled with such "concerns" that I have no control over. Apparently becoming a mom hasn't really started to change me quite yet. :) But other than my occasional (OK, more than "occasional") meltdowns due to his lack of sleeping at night, or the fact hat he refuses the bottle or some other battle, having Sam in our lives has been incredible. When he flashes his smile at me and shows me his dimples I feel my heart melt and be filled with a kind of love that I never knew before. We still look at him disbelief that he is our son, and I hope that feeling never ends. I know we've only tasted a tiny bit of all that is to come, whether it be good or not so good. It continues to be exciting and scary at the same time. In the meantime, I hope all of you continue to post your experiences, even the challenging ones, so that I won't feel like the only parent who isn't Supermom. :) --Stacey

4 comments:

paikdaddy said...

Stacey,
I wouldn't worry about the height thing. All those charts are based on American averages, anyway. Sam might end up hitting his growth spurt later or just end up average for a half-Korean kid. Most of us are probably well below American adult averages and we're all doing ok. Besides, he looks really healthy.

dsy said...

i think julie and i are going to steal the teddy bear idea too. that is awesome. imaging taking a picture every day. what a youtube clip that would be.

edsuh said...

i used that idea to track how fat i had gotten since we had caleb... very cool idea... except, you can't see the bear anymore in my pics...

Eric Lim said...

Congrats on making it this far. We did the same thing with Ryan for the first 12 months. You'll get a kick out of it when he's one.