Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It aint over 'till it's over!

Is anyone else excited about October (or as Dane Cook has been calling it, "Actober")? I just watched Mariano Rivera save Andy Pettitte's 200th career win, and I am totally pumped. I could ALMOST say I would be OK if the season ended today, with the standings the way they are since the Yanks have made such an incredible comeback the second half of this season, but I just can't! How are we only 1.5 games behind the Redsox?????? For all of you out there who think baseball is boring and can't stand to watch it (i.e. Ed), NOW is the time. The east coast is buzzing right now with the Yankees' surge and also much to my delight, the downward spiral that the Mets are on. Adam still refuses to believe in his Phillies (typical Philadelphia fan) after too many seasons of winding up just a game short, but I'm cheering them on. Every season there is so much to keep up with; baseball is always full of compelling stories and exciting drama. Like the Cubs and Lou Piniella, with their dramatic comeback this season, the exciting young talent of the Brewers, not to mention of course, the historic season that A-Rod has had, and all the rookies that the Yankees have showcased this season (if you haven't heard the name Joba Chamberlain yet, you will!). I could go on and on. Although all the "scandals" of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs may turn off a lot of you potential fans, I say there is still a lot of "good" baseball to get excited about. Get into it if you're not already! Go Yankees!

2 comments:

paikdaddy said...

Stacey,
You are a true baseball fan. I agree with everything you said, esp. about the red-hot Yanks. But for the casual fan, it's too hard to watch and follow 162 games. October is the best time.
Plus, football is finally here! Go Buckeyes and Trojans!

dsy said...

I used to like baseball. Then I turned 11. Also, living in Houston would make you come to hate all professional sports. I must admit to following the Yanks and BoSox this year, only because I want both of them to lose. I must also admit that having to watch the media and tv saturation surrounding these two teams has given me an understanding as to why people hate Duke basketball so much.

(climbing soapbox) Friendly reminder all - vote for Ron Paul. Otherwise, don't bitch in the next 4 years about why it's the same old politics all over again.