Saturday, February 10, 2007

Greetings from VA

Thanks to Brian for setting this up. Glad to see everyone's doing well!

I guess it's my turn to post an update. Quick recap from Duke: I went to Michigan for grad school and spent 8 long winters in Ann Arbor (great town) and finally got my doctorate in Biomedical Engineering in 2003. My original plan was to become a professor but after 8 years in grad school, I was ready for a change. So I went from developing intravascular ultrasound to find vulnerable plaques to finding torpedoes for the U.S. Navy as a defense contractor. Logical transition, right? :-)

I moved back to VA after grad school, and I'm attending Open Door Presbyterean Church (formerly KOPC). Found a good community here and co-leading a small group this year which has been great.

As for my personal life, I'm still single and hoping that changes in 2007. :-) Meanwhile, here's 2 photos to share. The first is a photo of me in front of the Sydney Opera House from a business trip last August and the 2nd is with my brother, John (Duke '97) from our recent family vacation in December. We won the stuffed animals at one of the basketball shooting games at Sea World.


Other than that I'm still a huge Duke fan but it's been a tough few weeks and I dare say we may be on the "bubble" for the NCAAs at 5-5 in the ACC. Gotta beat the Terps tomorrow night. At least the women's team looks great. GO DUKE!

PS - My email is cdchoi2003@yahoo.com and I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

paikdaddy said...

Hey Charles,
Welcome to the blog! I'm sad to say that you may be right. With the loss today, we look like we're squarely on the bubble.
Well, at least our women's team looks good. :)

ahnjoe said...

hey chaz,

good to hear from you,

I can't believe you went from IVUSing arteries to looking for subs- what a great transition.

Be sure to look us up when you are in New York

Joe