Thursday, March 1, 2007

Two weeks down




Hey all: Adam and I welcomed our son, Samuel Jaehyun Lisi on February 14th. Ten days late, he insisted on being born on Valentine's Day (at 11:57pm to be exact). Laboring was tough and ultimately ended in a c-section because he just wouldn't engage and come down. Turns out it head was tilted (asynclitic is the term the doctor used). 6 lbs, 12 oz, and 19 inches long. He eats really well and sleeps well too; can't really say that I am truly sleep deprived yet, which is great, although I am definitely walking around in a sort of fog. The world seems so different now, as Adam and I adjust and pinch ourselves at God's little miracle. At times I feel terrified and overwhelmed at all that is to come, and then other times I feel excited about the unknown. What a crazy feeling. Referring to myself as Samuel's "mom" is completely strange and exhilarating. I'm sure all you parents out there can remember this newborn period; any tidbits of advice? ----Stacey & Adam

6 comments:

jin said...

Stacey - Little Samuel is a beautiful little boy! I love the name, too! My main piece of advice - nap when he naps when you can. Congratulations!

paikdaddy said...

Wow. Congrats, Stacey.
Advice? Hmmm. Take a lot of pictures and video. We have huge undocumented gaps in Josh's life. And ditto what Jin said.

Sunny said...

Congratulations Stacey! What beautiful & soulful eyes. I hope you are doing well too. Speaking to so many of my girlfriends who have had children, it seems important to remind yourself that you don't have to be a perfect mom to be a good mom. =) Love, Sunny

Jen Kim said...

Yet another miracle. Glad things went well. Congrats on the beautiful son!

Stacey said...

Thanks so much for all your congrats and encouraging words. There are definitely times when I wonder what we were thinking when we decided to have a baby......even when Samuel is totally behaving and being a great baby........post-partum blues is real. But it definitely helps to see and hear good advice from all of you. Thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.