Monday, January 8, 2007

FOB


Ok, here is my update before I get even more intimidated by all these posts and photos of your good looking families =) I have just returned to the states having finished serving in a ministry in Korea. It was an interesting experience that deepened my faith and helped me to see that our God is very big and the people He loves so diverse. Yep, that’s right, diverse….there is a good population of international seminarians in Korea and more opportunity to travel and connect with churches from much of the majority (3rd) world. They and the other Korean Nationals I met have definitely enriched my life. All that said, another thing I discovered while there---I LOVE AMERICA. Hahaha, I was totally like those FOBS who come from Korea to the states and only rent Korean videos and speak Korean w/out ever picking up English, only backwards. I watched American news on the web, downloaded American TV shows/movies and spoke English 95% of the time…okay, more like Konglish. The sad thing in all this is that despite the fact that my Korean hasn’t improved so much, my English has definitely suffered, so if I sound fobby to any of you the next time you read something I write or talk to you live, “prease excuse my engrish.” ^.^ So great to read your posts; you all have some cute children and I hope to see them sometime soon. This was the only photo of me that is currently available to post, but if you’d like to see my face or find out more about what my life has been like over the past few years, check out my blog at enkeris.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

paikdaddy said...

Thanks for posting, Sunny. We need more non-Duke, non-kid posts. What are your plans now that you're back? Will you be in CA anytime?
By the way, I make a link to your blog. Hope that's ok. :)

Betty said...

Sunnnnnnnyyyy :D Were you in Raleigh for Christmas? I had to drive from Richmond-Charlotte 12/29 (long story). I was wondering whether you were back or not.

Eric Lim said...

That's pretty funny, a reverse FOB. Although if it were me, I would be more of a true foreigner. I haven't seen your bro's kid yet, but I'm sure you are the best aunt. Every family's gotta have a "cool" aunt, right? If you ever make it up to visit them, let me know. I'd love to meet up.