Monday, January 15, 2007

Sundance Film Festival!

I'm headed to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, UT this weekend for some skiing, movies, and celebrity heckling. It's my first time, so I'm not sure what to expect. I'll post my thoughts after I get back, but was wondering if anyone has gone before and might have some helpful tips for first timers. For skiing/boarding, I have been told that nobody goes during Sundance so the slopes should be empty. We are planning on going to Deer Valley, Snowbird, and Canyons. For movies, I was told that waiting in line works most of the time. Right now we have tix for Nanking, Ghosts, Manda Bala, Never Forever, Broadway 5, Joe Strummer. Any other movies we should try and see? Also, my 3 bdr condo (with outdoor hot tub!) has an extra bedroom if anyone wants to join us last minute (I'm serious). We arrive on 1/20 and leave on 1/24. Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mike,

It's Irene Cho. How are you? It's been a long time. You're not going to believe this, but I live in Park City and I work for the Sundance Film Festival. I am taking some time off of work so unfortunately, I am not working this festival. I got sick over the summer, but call me anyway so we can hang out. My cell is 310-710-4421. - Irene

paikdaddy said...

Mike, I get the feeling you're living a life very different from the rest of us. Thanks for rubbing it in, you bastard! We used to travel to cool places and do fun things, too. :)

Please give Irene a big hug from me and Joyce.