Wednesday, January 24, 2007

From the armpit of America........


Hey everyone-
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's updates and photos; all of your kids are so ADORABLE!!!

As for me, you can see from this photo that I went outside of the Asian pool and married a (gasp!) white boy.......his name is Adam (and with his last name of Lisi, my name now RHYMES), and we were married in September of 2005 (I was honored to have Linda Suh stand with me as my matron of honor). I do feel a bit sheepish about posting a "couples" photo rather than a photo of cute kids like many of you have, but I wanted to show you guys my adorable husband (yes, I am still pretty much a newlywed), and we won't have any "baby" photos to post for about another 2 weeks..........we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our son (due date of 2/4).........

We currently live right in the middle of the state of NJ, about half way between Rutgers and Princeton. Adam grew up in south Jersey, rooting for Philadelphia teams his whole life (Phillies, Eagles), and attended Rutgers (who until this past football season hadn’t had much to root for), so he has been through quite a learning curve, watching and cheering for teams that actually WIN, like the Heels and the NY Yankees. It's been fun to watch him convert.........

Life isn’t always easy, but Adam definitely makes things as easy as possible; never sweats the small stuff, and is a lot better than I am about discerning what is “small” stuff versus “big” stuff. Talk about low-maintenance vs high-maintenance: we pretty much define the extremes. We are still pretty much babies when it comes to being a married couple, and now we’re about to raise one……..very freaky.

One major decision we recently made is for me to not work once the baby is born, at least for the first year…….again, very freaky for me, but seemingly not so much for Adam; I worry, he reassures, I still worry, we pray, God reassures, I worry a little less…...that’s pretty much the story of our marriage in a nutshell. :)

For now I’m just concentrating on getting through the next 10 days or so, getting “ready” (although I have NO idea what that means); it’s all kinds of scary and exciting at the same time.

In the meantime, keep the photos and updates coming……..

--Stacey (& Adam)

3 comments:

paikdaddy said...

Thanks for the post, Stacey. Try to get more of the Carolina folks to post, too.

We'll be looking forward to pics of your baby. Do you have a name yet?

And great decision to stay home for the first year. We've grown so tired of Josh getting sick from daycare, worrying about him with strangers, dropping him off and picking him up. We've changed daycares once already and Joyce is still interviewing nannies and in-home daycares. In retrospect, I don't think it was worth it.

Eric Lim said...

Congrats, Stacey, on your soon-to-be born baby. It's great to hear you and Adam and doing well. He seems like a great guy, and I know that God will be directing your relationship in great ways.

It's cool seeing recent pictures of all of us, not just the kids, so keep 'em coming. It doesn't seem like we've changed too much since our college days.

I think being a stay-at-home parent can be rewarding and challenging at the same time. I hope you can get some "alone" time for yourself during that first year. Believe me, Margaret really had moments when she needed to get out and have some adult interaction and conversations, and apparently, I didn't qualify. We also didn't know what it meant to be "ready" except that we made sure we knew where the closest Target and Costco were.

Here's hoping for a smooth and quick delivery.

dsy said...

Hello Stacey.

Any baby pictures yet?